What is electronic signature?
According to the U.S. Federal ESIGN Act passed in 2000, electronic signature is an “electronic sound, symbol, or process, attached to or logically associated with a contract or other record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record.” Electronic signatures are legally binding in almost every country in the world. Whether you use electronic signature in business or personal transactions, Document Cloud promises that your privacy and security will be 100% guaranteed.
Was this article helpful?
- Can I customize the branding logo displayed in the email notification?
- Can I create a reusable template for electronic signature?
- Do I have to purchase a license if I only need to sign the document sent by Document Cloud?
- How many documents can I send for electronic signatures if I have purchased a license?
- Can I send documents for electronic signature for free?