The education sector is flooded with qualified teachers languishing in limbo. Therefore, what tools can you use to get an interview and finally nail a job? Well, this article takes you through the steps of writing a job-landing education cover letter. We have also outlined one of the best education cover letter examples to help guide you through writing education cover letters. Bearing in mind that getting a tutoring job starts with an excellent cover letter for education job, let's get started, shall we?
- # Education Cover Letter Template
- # Education Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Education Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Education Cover Letter Template
Free Education Cover Letter Template
This is a free cover letter template for education. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Education Cover Letter Sample (Text)
456 Sidney Street,
Smithfield, California, 08055,
February 26th, 2018.
To the Principal, Ms. Mary Smith,
Maryhill Special School,
902 Pine Street,
Smithfield, California 08055.
Dear Ms. Smith,
RE: APPLICATION FOR A SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER'S POST
As an experienced special education teacher, I have developed a passion and personal commitment to helping learners with special needs succeed. I am confident that my background as a tutor for learners with disability is a perfect match for the Special Needs teacher position at Maryhill Special School. I graduated in 2015 with a Bachelor's degree in Education specializing in Special Needs and Languages.
My performance, first class honours for that matter, exhibit my desire and commitment to helping learners with special challenges.
In my most recent teaching position at St George's Special School, I developed highly effective lesson plans for my students at the Stars Class which comprised of learners with challenges. This impacted in me the skills to handle children with conditions such as Autism, ADH, and other conditions. I also developed performance assessment methods that ensured that the track record of learners is highly monitored.
I do not only bring on board the skills mentioned above, but also current and relevant teaching and learning methods. I have gone through various capacity building seminars that have enabled me to help my learners improve their scores. Bearing in mind that Maryhill is well reputable for handling special learners with utmost care, I believe my experience in my former institution has moulded me well for the job.
It will be my pleasure to be an asset to the school and see special learners excel. I embrace new challenges and I believe such students can be tutored and fit in to a normal classroom situation. Find attached my resume' and copies of certifications. Kindly consider my application.
Tips for Writing an Education Cover Letter
Writing an education cover letter will only be possible if you have the zeal for the job. The special education cover letter example above gives you in detail a feel of what an incredible letter should look like. Therefore let's hop into the kind of information you include, preparation and writing an education cover letter.
- Thoroughly study a cover letter example. This will familiarise you with the layout, format, and template that is appropriate in applying for the educator's job. It will also open your mind on how the introduction, body, and conclusion of such a letter is done.
- Tailor your cover letter to suit the job applying for. You may have various work experiences either related or unrelated to the job you are seeking. Therefore, find a way of manipulating your educational and work background to align with the job sought after.
- Be knowledgeable about the institution applying to. Just like a diligent student does research, you should also research on the school you are applying for a job. Find a way of bringing up some information about the school in your letter. This will create a lasting impression on the employer.
What You Should Mention In The Education Cover Letter:
- Put emphasise on your achievements. Boldly include your accomplishments in your previous work station. Your education cover letter should include previous awards and responsibilities held over the past.
- Highlight relevant training or seminars attended. The teaching sector has numerous capacity building seminars for teachers in various departments. Most are accompanied by certificates. Use your cover letter to flaunt what you acquired in such training. This will present you as a person who has the drive to learn more.
- Express your desire for co-curricular activities. Teaching doesn't just end in the class. Adding your previous involvement in activities such as drama and music festivals, cultural, environmental, sports or community service will give you a plus. If you have no experience, show the desire to get involved.
- Be candid. Do not overrate yourself or exaggerate details. Be honest with your accomplishments among other details.
What You Should Avoid in The Education Cover Letter:
- Avoid being boring or slapdash. Give you letter life by getting in touch with the emotions of the reader.
- Avoid silly grammatical errors. The rule, man is to err, does not apply in you cover letter for education. Typos will make the employer question your precision.
- Do not sound desperate but rather confident. There is nothing attractive about being desperate when looking for a job. Contain your desperation and emit confidence. Let the reader see your value.
The last secret is to always take your time. Since an education cover letter is the first thing that reflects you, do not treat it as an afterthought. Think deeply about how you want to present yourself before drafting it down.
How to Edit a Education Cover Letter Template
To tailor your PDF cover letter to suit the job applying for, you need edit the template with the contents. Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is your best PDF editor for editing, annotating, creating, converting PDF cover letters.
- Edit and mark-up PDF cover letter freely based on your resume
- Convert PDF to other types of documents with simple clicks
- Transfer scanned and image-based PDF into searchable and editable texts
- Protect sensitive information with redaction feature