Top 5 Free Online Property Management Software 2023
When looking to manage one or more real estate properties, digitizing administration processes can help save time and money. When correctly implemented, desktop and online property management software can help owners and managers streamline business processes related to their real estate properties.
Online property management software offers a better platform for businesses with real estate properties compared to desktop-based applications. They offer more versatility and accessibility compared to desktop installations. Check out the best ones here.
Part 1: Top 5 Best Online Property Management Software
1. Tenant Cloud
A cloud-based property management system, this online property management tool is designed to meet the needs of landlords, real estate professionals, and property managers. The free online property management software provides you with a dashboard allowing you to add new transactions, properties, tenants, messages, applications, and work requests.
- Free to use
- You can add online payments
- Easy to use, and simple for beginners in the field
- Great for small investors
- The product is still in progress
- There are many features that are currently under construction
- Lack of tutorial videos that would make it simpler for new users to learn
Cozy changed the game for landlords and agents, becoming a one-stop shop. It is one of the best complete and modern online property management system options on the market. The software provides you with online rent payments, tenant screening, rental applications, and much more. Managing companies can expect to save a lot of money by using Cozy. Best of all, the software is greatly organized and easy for the staff to learn.
- Marketing, as well as screening, and placing tenants can be done in one single tool
- Easy to view vacancies and keep an eye on upcoming rentals in the same place
- Allows companies to screen tenants and applicants easily
- Strong customer support team
- You cannot post a single room for rent
- Elderly tenants might find there is a bit of a learning curve
- Users have reported rental payments being withheld at times, as well as bugs and glitches on the website
Maintenance becomes a breeze with this online property management software. A user-friendly and cloud-based property management solution, Appfolio is available at a monthly fee and includes features such as easy vacancy posting, online rent collection, online applications, lease agreements, built-in screening, mobile inspections, and many other features that will save you time.
Vendors are integrated into the system, and the software tool provides you with all the information you need in one place. This tool makes it easy to advertise and navigate to several locations and websites. If you power your website through AppFolio, you will save an additional step when making updates.
- Consistently offers new updates, making it more user-friendly
- Multiple options available
- Great layout
- The reports accommodate the less sophisticated owners
- Useful mobile features
- Fixing mistakes is difficult
- Accounting functions aren’t as up-to-date as they should be
- You need to take time to type out city and state when entering info, which is time consuming
Considered by many as the best online property management software on the market, Buildium services more than 14,000 managers of rental properties in 46 different countries. In total, the software has more than one million units under management. As a web-based property management solution, Buildium enables managers to take complete control of every aspect of their business. The best part about the software is that it streamlines the management of the rental cycle thanks to features like tenant and lease tracking, automated rent, late fee reminders, and on-demand reports.
- Easy to use, with constant feature updates to make it simpler and easier
- Customer service is great
- The product is intuitive and works well on your mobile
- The interface is modern, and has great adaptability to your needs
- There are a lot of features, but very few of them are beneficial for a smaller organization to use
- Challenges to set up the software properly
- Lack of personalization abilities
While not as popular as other platforms, Renttropolis is a simple and powerful rental software providing basic functionalities to landlords and tenants. It is one of the few software options that accepts ePay. Using the software you can keep all of your property, vendor, income, expenses, and tenant information in one place. The software has a monthly fee per user.
- There is almost no learning curve to overcome
- It has all the bells and whistles you need without being overwhelming
- The functionality of the software will save you a lot of time come tax time
- Limited to property rentals
- Lack of an online manual or help feature
- Lacks some integrations
Part 2: The Complete PDF Solution for Online Property Management Software
When it comes to managing properties, you’ll need a go-to PDF software that can maximize your document productivity. PDFelement is a tool that can deliver an impeccable user experience for reading, viewing, and editing PDF documents. Basically, you gain control over PDFs like never before.
The software delivers every tool you need to edit and create PDF documents, and is available in several languages, including English, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Japanese, Dutch, Italian, and Chinese.
While online property management software does a lot of things for you, there are some functionalities it lacks. For example, you cannot extract data, or protect your data with a password. But you can perform these functions with PDFelement. Plus, you can create fillable forms, convert documents, redact sensitive information, and much more.
5 Solutions That PDFelement Can Offer to Complement Online Property Management Software
1. Create PDF from all kinds of file formats
Some of your clients might send you a document in Microsoft Office Word, while others might send you data in a Notepad file, or even send an image. Property management software has no standard format, which can make it challenging.
On the other hand, using PDFelement, you can convert any file format into a PDF. This makes it easier for you to organize your documents, data, and information.
2. Recognize PDF form fields and fill forms
Every now and then, you might receive a document with an existing form that you need to fill with other information. Without PDF software this is difficult to do. But with the use of a powerful tool like PDFelement, you can convert any existing form into a fillable PDF form. This will allow you to add a signature, date, name, or anything else to an existing blank form. The software automatically recognizes static fields, and then converts them into fillable forms for your convenience.
3. Edit PDF
In the same way you can convert static form fields into fillable ones, PDFelement can help you edit a PDF document in other ways as well.
When your clients send you a PDF document, you can change text and images using this software. You can turn any scanned document into a PDF that you can easily edit right away. Using custom fonts, the document will look just like your printout.
4. Data Extraction
The biggest benefit of data extraction is that you can easily use it to make a list or report. For example, you have a lot of PDF documents with information like name, phone number, email, and more. PDFelement can help you extract all this information, and then convert it into a simple and convenient Excel sheet.
We all know that copying data from a PDF document is not as easily done as “Ctrl + C / Ctrl + V”. But with the right PDF software, it can be.
5. OCR PDF
OCR technology is an extremely beneficial tool. Basically, you can turn an image, scanned document, or anything else into a fully editable and searchable document.
For example, a client may send you a scanned copy of his ID. You can use OCR technology to make the picture a fully editable document. And from there, you can use various other tools to extract information such as ID number and name.
As you can see, PDFelement work simultaneously with online property management software to deliver the best possible experience for users.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Up to 18% OFF: Choose the right plan for you and your team.
PDFelement for Team
Give you the flexibility to provision, track and manage licensing across groups and teams.
- Top 5 Property Management Apps
- Best Apps for Real Estate Agents and Agencies 2023
- Top 4 Landlord Software