Why to Use a License Manager
Enterprise-level businesses deal with multiple different software licenses on a daily basis. As one can imagine, this can be extremely overwhelming, and if managed poorly, can result in more than just frustration for IT managers – mismanagement of software licenses can actually result in huge fines for your organization. This financial burden is best avoided. Therefore, using the right license management software program is key to the long-term success of your business. It may be one of the most important purchases your company ever makes. Because of this, we’re here to assist you. We’re highlighting the top license management tools that are currently on the market. By researching the best tool for your needs, and looking at the big picture, your business will have the best chance at long-term success.
This short guide will help you get the most out of your software license management software for business.
How to Find and Use License Management Software
Interested in using License Management software for your business? Follow this simple guide to get the best solution for your needs:
- Research and find the right software online: Search online for different license manager software solutions and read user reviews to find out which one is the best solution for you.
- Download the program: Visit the official website for whichever license management software you choose and follow the online instructions to download the program.
- Activate and register your software account: Following the download process, most programs will have an activation and account registration process that you will need to follow on screen to unlock all of the functions and capabilities of the program you have chosen.
- Read the software manual: Use the online help manual for the program to get an understanding of how the program works and how to use each function.
- Use the License Manager: You’ll now be able to start using the software. This usually means you need to synch software licenses with the programs server, add members of staff, assigning licenses to them, and learn about all of the other benefits that license management tools can offer.
The Benefits of Using a License Management Software
License Manager software comes with a range of benefits that let you successfully manage your software licenses:
- Simple management of licenses: Most programs come with a simple list and folder structure to maintain your licenses, as well as simple drag and drop functionality to move licenses between accounts and devices.
- Saved time with group licenses: License Manager programs include the functionality to manage groups of software licenses from one software publisher with bulk action functions, so you can easily make changes and manage multiple licenses at once.
- The ability to easily manage locations: You can easily manage the location and status of your software licenses and see if devices are online or offline with license management tools.
- Seamless Transfer of Licenses: You can quickly transfer licenses directly to other users if the software providers have allowed for transfers. If you don’t need your license any more, but another colleague does, you can easily transfer the software and all its functions to them. It’s an extremely simple process.
- Easy setup of network-wide licenses: Some publishers allow special licenses that can be shared across your entire local network. License manager tools make this process simple and easy to manage.
- Reduced costs by monitoring wasted resources: This kind of software can help you discover where software is being used in your business, and where it isn’t. This will help you identify and manage where software licenses are needed within your business, and where they can be reduced.
- A more productive IT department: Get the most out of your IT department by implementing license management software so they can focus on more important work and projects.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- The Benefits of Using Offline License Management
- The Benefits of Using Online License Management
- Top 5 Online Accounting Software - Updated