Security employees are front-line in protecting a company's staff and property. It takes a person with patience, attention to detail and a willingness to act in difficult situations. Employers will be looking for people who have all this. Your security cover letter needs to be perfect to make sure you have a chance of getting the job. This type of cover letter is for security and different from a cover letter for social security administration. The below sample cover letter for security and accompanying cover letter tips will help you get started with your application.
- # Security Cover Letter Template
- # Security Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Security Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Security Cover Letter Template
Free Security Cover Letter Template
This is a free cover letter template for security. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Security Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I am writing out of interest for your new security role and believe I am perfect for the job.
I have 10-years-experience working in security for a range of companies and organizations both solo and part of (sometimes heading up) teams. This experience has been across retail, office and factory environments with me facing and overcoming a number of security challenges.
As part of my role, I have introduced new security systems to office blocks and implemented new key card entry systems that reduced unsolicited entry during work hours by 80% making the environment much more secure.
As well as security issues I ran a small team so have experience in staffing, rotas and employee grievances to add to the role as well. Under my management the company had less staff absences and general, overall staff satisfaction on the job.
I am a fast learner, good with communication and team work and have a strong work ethic. Because of all this I believe I am perfect for your role.
Your company with it's multiple buildings and vast grounds presents a special kind of challenge for security operatives, but this is one that I am excited to take on and lead the team to improve safety and security for your staff.
I would love to discuss joining your team in more detail and explain my experiences further. I feel that with a short conversation you will see that I am right for this position.
Thanks for taking the time to read this letter, and my CV. I hope to hear from you soon.
Tips for Writing Security Cover Letter
The above sample cover letter for security position is a good template to use in your own job applications, applying your own experiences and personality. There are many different security cover letter examples but the one above is a solid reference point for your own cover letter.
These cover letter security tips will give you more advice on what to include and how to present your cover letter.
- Employers judge cover letters in just eight seconds, after that if they are not impressed it's going in the trash! Make sure your letter is presented professionally by using a professional letter format with a letter head and your contact details.
- Give the employer a chance by using a readable, formal font. The less work they have to do to be impressed by you the better.
- Make it personal to the specific employer. If the letter is not personally address to the reader it is also likely to go in the trash.
- In first paragraph, simply sum-up why you have send the letter.
- The employer will want to know what experience you have in security. In the second paragraph give them a short overview of your work experience. Don't go into detail and leave the information open ended so that they will want to read your CV for more information.
- Do use your cover letter to put the information in your CV into context. This is your chance to use more impressive and emotional language. Sell yourself without giving the whole story away.
- Go into more detail about some of your successes to back up your experience. If you have percentages of statistics to back up your claims include those. If you have several important achievements, consider using bullet-points. Again, just give your most impressive achievements and try to leave the employer with some more questions about the information.
- Don't just talk about yourself, explain what impresses you about the company and how you feel they would be good for you. This will show you have researched the role and are serious about working for them. This candidate has mentioned the challenges of the company's site and explained that challenge is something he would enjoy.
- Finish your security cover letter by reminding them you want the job and would like to discuss the role with them further. Show your enthusiasm in a polite and not over-bearing tone.
- You're not quite done yet! Before you send make sure you proofread your cover letter before sending it off. Mistakes and typos are another big reason that cover letters are ignored.
How to Edit Security Cover Letter Template
To improve your chances of getting the call for interview, you can try to send your cover letter as a PDF document. Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor can help you edit the PDF cover letter smoothly. This PDF editor can also help you create a unique PDF cover letter for your application.