Running successful events is important for many different types of business and can be a whole business in itself. Event coordinators have to be highly organized, great communicators and excellent under pressure - they are a very specific type of person that employers look for. You event coordinator cover letter is your first chance to show you have what it takes, so it has to be correct. The below example letter is a perfect starting point and can also be used as an event planner cover letter or as an event planning cover letter. Follow our example to succeed at impressing employers.
- # Event Coordinator Cover Letter Template
- # Event Coordinator Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Event Coordinator Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Event Coordinator Cover Letter Template
Free Event Coordinator Cover Letter Template
Event Coordinator Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I read your advert for your new event coordinator position with great interest and I believe I am the perfect candidate to fill it.
For the past five years I have been planning and executing wedding events at one of the top wedding venues in the state. Before taking that position, I obtained a First Class honors Marketing degree from NewWest State University and worked summers shadowing at Inventis Events, which showed me the ropes of the industry.
During my time in wedding event coordinating the venue saw a 40% increase in booking enquiries and double the number of referrals from satisfied customers. I took a personal approach to the role taking extra time to get to know the clients and their needs, and also allowing them to call me at any time with questions. This ensured 100% of clients got exactly the wedding day they wanted and deserved.
With such success in this one specialism, I am excited at the prospect of bringing my experience and knowledge to a company that organizes events across so many fields and for such a wide range of clients. I have always been massively impressed by your company's ability to deliver every type of event with flair and obvious results. The personal touch you offer clients is very close to my own way of working and I believe I would be the perfect fit for you.
I would love the opportunity to use my experience as a benefit for your events company and look forward to discussing this with you further.
Tips for Writing an Event Coordinator Cover Letter
The above event coordinator cover letter example is a perfect starting point for your own cover letter, and can also be used as a cover letter for event planner roles. The below tips and advice will help explain further what you need to write.
- Professional paperwork is a big part of coordinating events, and your cover letter needs to show this is something you are capable of. Use a professional letter template and a formal readable, font. First impressions count.
- Be personal with your letter! Make sure you find out who you need to address the letter to and address it to that person. This extra effort and personal touch could be the difference between your cover letter getting read or rejected. Don't lose the employers interest at this early stage.
- Open by explaining, quickly, why you are sending the letter. For example, you are applying for the position and you believe you are perfect for the job.
- Next, explain your experience and skills that make you good for the role in question. In this case the candidate explains her current role, academic qualifications and other experience in the field. Don't give away the whole story, you want the employer to get in touch with more questions.
- Expand on your experience and successes with some specific examples. This candidate uses statistics to show their work has increased customer satisfaction and increased customer referrals. Again, provide enough information so it interests the employer but leave some questions unanswered, so they want to discuss this with you further.
- You also need to explain what working for the company will mean to you. Research the company and explain what you like about how they work and their culture. Explain how you can be of benefit to the company and will bring the them. This research will show that you are serious about the role and have heavily considered why you wanted to apply.
- Drive home the message that you are perfect for the role and that the employer should get in touch with you.
- Don't send your letter off yet! Before you send off your event coordinator cover letter make sure you proofread it thoroughly. If your cover letter is full of mistakes and typos you won't get the job. If it is possible ask someone else to have a look over the cover letter as well in case you have missed anything.
How to Edit Event Coordinator Cover Letter Template
A nice PDF cover letter will help you impress employers successfully. Try the PDF cover letter template in this page and use Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, the best PDF editor, to change all the contents and turn it your own cover letter for event coordinator.