Free Download, Edit and Fill Lasting Power of Attorney
Of all the legal documents, perhaps the most important is a lasting power of attorney. The reasons are varied but the importance of this legal document make it one of the most sensitive. Being able to edit and fill in the forms required for a lasting power of attorney correctly is a sensitive issue that should be treated as such. In this article, we are going to be looking at what a lasting power of attorney is and also provide you with an easy way to download, edit and fill in a lasting power of attorney. Read on to find out how.
What is a Lasting Power of Attorney
A lasting power of attorney is a legal document that offers you a way to give someone you trust the legal authority to act on your behalf if you lack the mental capacity to do so at some point in your life or you choose not to make these decisions yourself.
A lasting power of attorney can be made for two reasons; financial decisions and for health care decisions. When done for financial reasons, the person you authorize has the power to buy and sell property, pay a mortgage, invest money or even pay bills on your behalf. When done for health reasons, the person you choose can make decisions pertaining to where you should live, what you should eat and even the social activities you can engage in.
Best Tool to Download and Edit Lasting Power of Attorney
A lasting power of attorney is an important document and therefore extra care needs to be taken when downloading and editing the document. The best tool to help you easily and safely edit the document is PDFelement for Business. This is PDF management tool that can help you gain access to, download and then proceed to edit and fill in the form.
Some of the features that make all of that possible include the following.
- It can be used to edit all aspects of the PDF document including the text and all objects even images. The OCR feature makes editing image-rich or scanned PDFs easy.
- You can use it to create PDF documents in just one click.
- Printing of all the filled PDF form or edited PDF document can also be done in a single click.
- Its protective features allow users to keep information in the lasting power of attorney from prying eyes.
Here's how to use it to edit a Lasting Power of Attorney.
Step 1: Download the Lasting Power of Attorney
Install PDFelement to your computer and then launch the program. Click on "Forms" tab and from the options presented, click on "Form Resources". This will open a tab on your browser where you can download the Lasting Power of Attorney. You can click on "Categories" to find it faster.
Step 2: Edit the Lasting Power of Attorney
Once you have downloaded the Lasting Power of Attorney, click on "Open" in PDFelement to open the document for editing.
If the document has any interactive form fields, PDFelement will let you know. You can also easily edit these fillable forms. When you hover on the fillable form, a hand icon will appear, click on it to bring up the cursor, allowing you to simply type in what you want on the form.
If the forms are not interactive, you can click on the "Form" tab and then select "Edit Form". Then click on an area on the document you want to edit. This will bring up a text box, allowing you to make the necessary changes.
More Tips about a Lasting Power of Attorney
There are several important aspects of a Lasting Power of Attorney you should keep in mind when drawing up and using a lasting power of attorney. Some of the most important ones to keep in mind include the following.
- It is important to note that a lasting power of attorney will only be valid if the person setting it up was in the right metal frame of mind when it was created. The person drafting a lasting power of attorney must not be seen to have been put under pressure to create it.
- If it is your choice to draw a lasting power of attorney, you must be able to explicitly trust your attorney if you will be giving them the power to take over your life.
- A lasting power of attorney must also be signed by a certificate provider as a way to confirm that you understand you are not under pressure to do sign it. That person can be a doctor, social worker or solicitor.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 4 Lawyer Software
- Ultimate Windows Deployment Tools You Should Know
- A List of Must-Have Home Office Use Program - Updated