The Top Alternative to iLok License Manager
Businesses deal with multiple different software licenses on a daily basis. As one can imagine, this can be extremely overwhelming. For the best chance at long term success, the use of a license management software is key.
One such top license management program is iLok License Manager. Read on to discover how to use the program, and why it might be the right tool for your organization.
What is iLok License Manager
iLok License Manager is the license management application for iLok, a special USB device that holds your software licenses and provides secure protection for that software.
The iLok License Manager replaces the old web-browser management tool, and enables you to manage your iLok-enabled software licenses without needing to use a browser like Safari, Firefox, Chrome or Edge. In this case, a license can be activated to a location such as your iLok or device.
iLok License Manager lets you easily view and manage both your available and unavailable licenses. You’ll see a full list of all licenses including inactive and hidden ones. This ensures that you won’t miss a single issue!
Benefits of using iLok License Manager
What are the benefits of using iLok License Manager above other license management programs? iLok License Manager has a wide range of features that help you efficiently manage software licenses in the following ways:
Features and benefits of iLok License Manager
iLok License Manager has a range of features that can help you manage your software licenses in the following ways:
- Finding specific license details: Every license contains its own information panel with full details about that license and the software publisher. You can activate, deactivate and transfer any license, all from within this one convenient panel.
- Managing your licenses: If you need to move licenses between iLok and your own account, you can do so using a simple drag and drop. New licenses appear in a bolder font, so they are easy to find and manage.
- Grouping licenses: You may need to work with many licenses from the same software publisher. iLok lets you group licenses as ‘locked’ or ‘unlocked’ groups. Locked groups always stay together as one unit, whereas ‘unlocked’ groups can be split up.
- Managing locations: Easily manage the location and status of your registered iLok licenses. You can see if they are online or offline simply from viewing the list on the left side of your screen.
- Zero downtime: This optional coverage means you can keep using all of your licenses even in the event of iLok failure, giving you greater peace of mind. • Transferring licenses: You can also quickly and easily transfer licenses
- Transferring licenses: You can also quickly and easily transfer licenses directly to and from other users if the software provider allows transfers, which allows you to get greater use out of your licenses.
- Set up network wide licenses: • Some publishers allow special licenses that can be shared across your whole local network. iLok makes this process simple and easy to manage.
Instructions on how to use iLok License Manager
If you feel this is the right tool for you, follow these steps to start using iLok License Manager:
- Create your iLok account: Visit the iLok website to register. You’ll need to provide your email address, User ID, and password.
- Link your iLok to your account: After purchasing your iLok, link it to your free account. Your iLok will be displayed with a grey icon. From the left-hand list, right click on it and select ‘Register iLok to Your Account’. Once registered, your iLok will appear with a black icon. You can rename your iLok to describe its use if required.
- Install iLok License Manager
- Start using the software: You’ll now need to obtain the iLok license from the software publisher and put it onto your iLok. Publishers can either send you a license directly to your iLok account using your User ID (never give them your log-in details) or they can provide you with an iLok activation code. Enter this code to redeem your license.
iLok activation codes appear as a string of 30 digits. There is a code icon in the top right-hand side of the iLok License Manager window. Sign in, click the icon, and paste your activation code in to activate the software.
- Choose where you want the license: Now you need to decide where you want to drop the license. By selecting ‘Your account’ the license will be added to your iLok account in the cloud. You can then transfer the license to an iLok or device if the software publisher allows this option.
If you select any of the iLoks associated with your account the license will be added straight to the selected iLok.
Why PDFelement is the Best iLok License Management Alternative
While iLok License Manager is a great option, it’s also important to note that PDFelement can be a great alternative license management tool as well.
Many businesses use PDFs as the universal file format for working with documentation. The best solution for creating, editing, signing, protecting, and managing PDF files is PDFelement. Similar to other software, PDFelement requires multiple licenses to fully equip your staff with PDF capabilities. Luckily, we’ve now introduced the new PDFelement Server. This dynamic license manager lets you manage all of your PDFelement licenses from one convenient location.
Why Choose PDFelement
|One Solution, Many Uses||Easy Licensing & Deployment||We’ve Got Your Back|
|Digitize paper-based tasks and reduce work time with powerful tools to edit, convert, review, protect, sign, and compare PDFs at a fraction of the price of competitive products.||Roll-out easily on multiple workstations with perpetual licensing. Save resources on deployment and license management with flexible licensing options.||Experience a seamless product transition through 1:1 sessions with product experts, 24x6 customer support, online tutorials, and a technical community to help solve any issues.|
Manage Licenses Using PDFelement Server
- Conveniently Manage Licenses from One Location: view the status of all current licenses for PDFelement software on one screen.
- Support Floating Licensing: As long as the number of users of the software doesn’t exceed the license amount, more devices can be easily assigned.
- Add New Users At Any Time: Within the range of your accepted number of licenses, you can give new users access to the fully licensed PDFelement product at any time in a quick and easy manner.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 5 Property Management Apps
- Software License Management, Activation and Compliance
- Top 5 Legal Software