How to Use Lifesize Video Conferencing
For most businesses, the video conferencing tool they choose depends on the number of meetings they hope to hold and the number of people at the meeting. These two factors also determine the cost of the video conferencing service they hope to use. One of the best video conferencing programs designed for a smaller number of participants is Lifesize. It is also quite affordable without compromising on the features available with the tool. In this article, we take a look at Lifesize video conferencing and share with you a number of other options.
Full Guide to Use Lifesize Video Conferencing
Lifesize video conferencing is a service that is primarily designed for small businesses. It has a desktop tool or an online version that can be opened on any browser and most devices. The online tool can be used to set up group conferences for up to 8 people. Dubbed Lifesize Go, it is the ideal solution when you don't need to have too many people on the call. If you need more, then the desktop version of this program is an ideal solution.
Using Lifesize Go is very easy, and just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Go to Lifesize official website to access the Lifesize Go website on your PC, Mac or mobile device and then click "Let's Go" to begin the conference call.
- Step 2: You will be able to see yourself on this initial screen. Click on the "Invite" button to invite someone else on the call. Type in the email address in the "Send Invite Link" field and the click on the arrow icon to invite the person to the call. You can also send people an already generated link to the all by copying the invite link and send it to them.
- Step 3: Once the other person accepts the invite, you should be able to see them on the screen. If there is more than one participant, each person will appear in a separate window on the screen.
- Step 4: Any of the participants on the call can mute the sound. To do that, tap on the little microphone on the toolbar.
- Step 5: Any participant can also choose to turn of the video. To do that, tap on the camera icon in the toolbar.
- Step 6: To share the screen, tap on the sharing icon and then choose if you would like to share the whole screen or only a section of the screen.
Top 3 Lifesize Video Conferencing Alternatives
If Lifesize is not the ideal choice for you, the following are the top 3 alternatives to choose from;
ClickMeeting is one of the best Lifesize video conferencing alternatives for Webinars especially if you run a small business and you want to attract leads using webinars. Another of its greatest advantages apart from the cool webinar features is the fact that it offers unrivalled video and audio quality, better than most other more expensive tools.
- It has a simple user interface that makes it the most ideal webinar tool for beginners.
- It comes with a free trial version that doesn't require a credit card.
- Has numerous webinar features, allowing you to customize your webinar anyway you want.
- Its features are designed for the small business and enterprise.
- Host meetings, webinars and making product demo and online courses easily.
- Customize personalized webinars according to your purpose.
- Currently not find any negative features.
2. Zoom Meeting
This is another very popular Lifesize video conferencing alternative that you can use. It is a reliable and great solution with so many different tiers; it has something for everyone at every price point. It is also one of the most accessible and easiest video conferencing tools in the market.
- It has a very general free account and all premium versions are also very affordable
- It has great features including video recordings and co-host features
- The user interface is easy to use even for the beginner
- You may find that you have to pay to access some of the features
It was once one of the most popular Lifesize video conferencing alternatives in the market. For the longest time, businesses have enjoyed the numerous tools GoToMeeting has to offer, allowing users to share screens and hold meetings remotely.
- It is very easy to use with a simple user interface
- Creating and inviting others to meetings is very easy
- Comes with a free trial version
- You'll have to get GoToWebinar to get webinar features
Advantages and Disadvantages about Lifesize Video Conferencing
The following are advantages and disadvantages of using Lifesize video conferencing:
- Useful on all platforms including Android and iOS
- Has a free web version
- Great quality video and audio as compared to other similar tools
- The desktop app has been known to cause unnecessary strain on the device's memory
- The chat function could a few more features
- Lacks more advanced features such as annotation
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Use Adobe Acrobat Insert Image
- Top 5 Norton Password Generator Alternatives
- How to Change Xbox One Password
- Top 5 KeeWeb Alternatives
- Top 5 Complex Password Generator