How to Download YouTube Videos for Free on macOS 10.14
Apple has announced macOS 10.14 Mojave, along with its superb features, including Dark Mode, Stacks, Dynamic Desktop, Screen Capture, and lots more. Most Mac owners already are aware of this; what they may not know is the best solutions to save YouTube videos on macOS 10.14 for free. YouTube, a California-headquartered video-sharing website, is where you can download millions of songs, videos to make you enjoy your Mac to the fullest. In this write-up, we'll show you how to download YouTube videos to macOS 10.14 for free.
Best Free Youtube Downloaders for macOS 10.14
1. Free YouTube Downloader
This is a highly recommended tool to download YouTube videos on macOS 10.14. Free YouTube Video Downloader provides 3X faster speed and 3 easy ways to download any videos from YouTube on Mac for free. It also has a premium version named iTube HD Video Downloader which can download HD and 4K YouTube videos in bulk.
- The program provides 3 easy ways to download YouTube videos, including copy and paste URL, directly drag and drop the video to the interface, and a "Download" button on the browser.
- Free YouTube Downloader can automatically detect and download YouTube videos opened in Safari, Chrome, or Firefox in one click.
- 3X faster download speeds compared to other similar programs.
This app is one of the top free YouTube downloaders for Mojave. It helps you save your favorite videos from YouTube onto the Mac so you can play them anytime and anywhere you choose. With Airy, you don't need an internet connection to play music from YouTube. It allows for 2 free downloads.
- Airy lets you download complete YouTube playlists in the video as well as audio formats.
- It is used for downloading an entire YouTube channel.
- It is great for downloading a private YouTube video.
3. Any Video Converter
If one assumes that this software is only meant for converting videos into various formats, such a misconception is venial. This is the reason judging a book by its cover — or more precisely, judging an app by its name — is not wise. Though Any Video Converter is apparently capable of performing this operation, it is also a fantastic YouTube video downloader.
- It allows you to download your favorite videos directly from YouTube and save them on your Mac in MP3 format.
- It is free to download videos from YouTube to your Mac for macOS 10.14
- The software is used for converting videos from one format to another.
4. MacX YouTube Video Downloader
This piece of software can download videos from YouTube and other websites like Dailymotion, Vimeo, Facebook, and Vevo. When you are downloading music and videos from YouTube with this software, it allows you to select several formats and resolutions, including 8K, 720p, 1080p, Ultra HD, 5K, and 4K resolutions.
- The program has a professional-looking interface.
- It is perfect for downloading videos from YouTube and other sites such as Facebook, Vevo, Dailymotion, and Vimeo.
- MacX YouTube Video Downloader is a tad confusing to use
5. ClipGrab for Mac
This program is one of the best YouTube downloaders for macOS 10.14 because it is free, fast, and easy to use. The app downloads videos in HD from YouTube and other popular video hosting sites like Vimeo, Dailymotion, and so on. One of the unique offerings of the app is, it automatically detects whenever a user pastes a download link from a website onto the clipboard and begins the download of the video automatically.
- ClipGrab allows you to download videos from top video hosting platforms such as YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and others.
- You can save download videos in formats like MPEG, WMV, OGG, Theora, and OGG.
6. WinX HD Video Converter for Mac
Looking for an extremely clean and safe YouTube Video Downloader to download YouTube videos on your Mac for macOS 10.14? WinX HD Video Converter for Mac should be your ultimate choice. It allows you to download videos in various formats, including MP4, FLV, and WebM. Also, it helps you download videos easily from YouTube and other websites in SD, HD, 4K, and UHD resolutions.
- WinX HD Video Converter for Mac is 100% clean and safe
- It is used for downloading videos in MP4, FLV, and WebM
- The app is ideal for downloading videos from YouTube and other platforms in SD, HD, 4K and UHD resolutions
Save YouTube Video on macOS 10.14 Using Browsers
1. Save a Video from YouTube with Safari
Best Youtube Downloader for Safari is used to save YouTube videos on macOS 10.14. It is an add-on for the browser, providing the easiest solution for downloading YouTube videos in different formats — the likes of MP4, FLV, WebM with 1080p and 720p HD FullHD qualities directly from video pages on YouTube.
2. Save a YouTube Video with Firefox
If you're a Firefox user, we recommend that you visit the DownloadHelper extension and install this extension. After this, you'll see the DownloadHelper icon displayed in the address bar of your Firefox or in the status bar, which you can find at the bottom of the browser window. You can start playing a video and click on the icon for the extension. You will see one or more listings for that YouTube video with a few of them in Flash format, while others may be in MPEG-4 format. Simply select the one you prefer and begin the download onto your Mac.
3. Save Video from YouTube Using Chrome
For users of Chrome, save YouTube video on macOS 10.14 using a Chrome extension, Download YouTube Chrome. After downloading this add-on and unpacking the ZIP file on your hard drive, follow these steps:
1. Copy and paste "chrome://extensions" to the address bar of your browser.
2. Tick the checkbox for "Developer Mode."
3. Choose the "Load unpacked extension" option.
4. Go to the unpacked folder on the hard drive; then open it.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Get macOS 10.14 Mojave Features in Windows 10
- Top 10 Ways to Secure Your Mac on macOS 10.14
- How to Set Up VPN on macOS 10.14