How to Add PDF to Word
Microsoft Word was developed in 1983. Since then, the software evolved in a number of ways. One of the new features is to Add PDF to Word as an object. When you add a PDF file, you can add it in its entirety or attach it as a clickable object. So, if you work in Microsoft Word and want to add PDF to Word document, read on. Here is a guide how to do it.
Method 1. How to Add PDF to Word with PDFelement
One of the simplest ways for how to add PDF to Word is to convert the document into Word and open it in Word. For that, you will need a good PDF editor, and our pick is PDFelement. Today, we will show you a guide how to add a PDF to a Word document after converting it.
Step 1. Import the PDF File
Before you add PDF to Word, you have to convert it. Start by launching PDFelement. In the home screen, you will notice an "Open File" button and click it to import your PDF document. Or, you can click on the "File" drop down menu and click on "Open". In both cases, you need to locate the PDF document and open it.
Step 2. Convert PDF to Word
Clicking on the "Convert" section on the toolbar and there, you will see a list of converting options and different file formats. For this guide, you can click on "To Word".
Step 3. Add PDF to Word
In the new window, you need to select an output folder and then Click "Save". Now just wait for the conversion to finish. This will convert your PDF document into a Word document and you can open it later on.
Now that the document is converted, you can open it as a Word document. You can edit it in Microsoft Word, or just copy and paste text and images from the PDF to Word.
As a matter of fact, PDFelement, a powerful PDF editor, is also simple and handy to edit. You will notice it has a similar interface and design as Microsoft Word. The company opted for the familiar ribbon-style design so that novice users can use it.
There are many different features divided into separate sections on the toolbar. As you can see, clicking on "Convert" will open a whole new set of options. The same applies for Form, Page, Comment, Edit, and more. Here are some of the great features.
- Add and edit text, images, link, watermark, header & footer directly in PDF smoothly;
- Add annotation and markup tools, including shapes, sticky notes, and text boxes;
- Convert documents from/to a variety of formats including Microsoft Office, Image, RTF, Epub, and HTML;
- Merge and split PDF documents;
- Print to PDF from webpages, scanners and other formats;
- Edit, extract, and convert texts from images and scanned documents with OCR;
- Redact sensitive and confidential information in PDF documents;
- Share PDF files directly to email, or in the cloud with Dropbox and Google Drive.
Method 2. How to Add a PDF to a Word Document
In general, it is easy for you to reuse some of the text from a PDF. For example, if you want to extract a short passage, you can just copy and paste it. But we have to note that you will get a plain text without the format. In other words, the format of the text will change.
Word 2013 and Word 2016 allow you to open and edit PDF content such as paragraphs as Word documents thanks to the PDF reflow feature.
With that in mind, if your goal is to simply add a PDF to a Word doc, let's check the guide. Word documents are great for presenting a wide variety of different document types. Adding PDF to Word is not difficult, but it might be just time consuming without the right tool. We also have to stress that it is important that you edit the PDF before finding a way to add PDF to Word Document. Here is the guide.
- Step 1. Place the cursor in the word document where you want to place the object;
- Step 2. Click on the "Insert" tab Word. In the far most right section "Text", click on "Object".
- Step 3. There are options include "Create New" or "Create from File". Select "Create from File" and locate the PDF document you want to add as object;
- Step 4. Finally, click "OK".
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Turn PDF into Word
- 3 Methods to Change PDF to Word
- How to Convert WordPad to PDF
- How to Transfer PDF to Word
- How to Convert PDF to Word Offline